Central Building Control Partnership is currently operating fully.
Please submit applications and inspection requests as usual. We have put some temporary changes to inspection procedures in place to reduce the potential to spread covid-19 (coronavirus) and protect staff and customers. This will help to make sure building work can progress smoothly and that there will be no gaps in the information we have when we come to issue the completion certificate.
We are making the following changes:
- Site visits in person by staff are temporarily limited to inspections that are essential for public safety. This is agreed as foundations, drainage and some completion inspections. We will also respond to reports of dangerous structures as usual.
- All other inspection requests will be passed to the inspection team but we will not be attending site. One of the surveyors will telephone to discuss progress of the project and ensure there is a full record on file, and that any outstanding matters are in hand, so please keep notifying us as work progresses.
- Non urgent completion inspections that can wait should be postponed until after this phase has passed to protect customers and staff.
- Staff have been instructed to risk assess before attending site. This means customers will be asked if they are classed as high risk due to health, age, etc, confirmed infected or have self-isolated. In those cases we will postpone the inspection until after the period recommended by the NHS.
- Our staff will maintain distance from other people and follow all NHS advice regarding no physical contact, washing hands, etc.
- Staff are available to provide all the advice and guidance customers need but we will have to do this over the phone or by email during this period.
Thank you for your support.
Updated 3 November 2020