The LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards celebrate and reward building projects. Entries for the 2020 awards are now open!
Building control surveyors, builders, architects, designers and anyone else involved in a construction project that have used Central Building Control Partnership (or one of the local authorities that are part of the partnership) can enter the West Midlands awards.
The partnership area includes Lichfield District, South Staffordshire, Tamworth Borough, South Derbyshire, Nuneaton & Bedworth and North Warwickshire.
Shortlisted entries will be invited to attend the regional awards, and winners will be invited to attend the Grand Finals, which are held in London and attract over 800 guests.
For the 2020 awards (projects completed in 2019) there are ten categories:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing dwelling
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development (split into small and large during judging)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service or educational building
- Best commercial project (split into small and large during judging)
- LABC construction professional of the year
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
The deadline to enter is Friday 20 March 2020.
Find out how to enter an award on the LABC’s website.