In this section

Make an application

There are two ways to make an application – either online or through the post – both routes cost the same.

Applying online

If your plans are available electronically (PDF format or similar), you can submit an application online.

Please note: If you have already made an application, do not use this process to submit amended plans or additional information. Simply email the information to our team quoting your building regulation or demolition application number.

By post

To submit a full plans or building notice application by post, please download, complete and print off the combined application form and email it to or post it to:

Central Building Control Partnership
District Council House
Frog Lane
WS13 6YZ


Check our building regulation fees on our fees and charges page to find out the cost of the application. If you are unsure about the fee, please call us and we can calculate it for you.

The easiest way to pay is to make a secure online payment. Please note, payments are made via Lichfield District Council’s website.

Pay a building control invoice Make a building control payment

You can also pay by card or cheque. All cheques should be made payable to Lichfield District Council, who administer Central Building Control Partnership.

If paying by card, please call us on 0300 111 8035 after 10am and we can take the payment over the phone.

Completion certificate

Once all stages have been inspected and meet building regulations, the project will be completed and we will issue the completion certificate. This is an important document which you will use to demonstrate to future purchasers, insurers, warranty providers, solicitors, etc that the work meets the legal requirements of the building regulations.

Domestic • Residential • Retail • Industrial • Educational • Health care • Offices • Commercial • Mixed use