Our complaints & feedback procedure
If you want to share any feedback with us about our service, good or bad, please speak to the officer dealing with your case, email them direct, or email email@example.com.
Our team will discuss any concerns with you and if we can put things right straightaway, we will do so, and will not process your concerns as a formal complaint.
If however, you are unsatisfied with our team’s response to your concerns, or want your concerns to be addressed as a formal complaint, please put your complaint in writing and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your complaint will be investigated by a manager within the Central Building Control team, who will aim to respond to you within 20 working days.
Once you receive a response, and should you remain unsatisfied, please ask the officer who sent you the response to escalate your complaint to your local partner council who commissions Central Building Control to deliver the service on their behalf.
The partner council you will be referred to will depend on your location and will be one of the following: Lichfield District Council, North Warwickshire Borough Council, Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council, South Derbyshire District Council, South Staffordshire Council or Tamworth Borough Council. The partner council will then respond to escalated complaint.
If you remain unsatisfied with the partner council’s response, you can then choose to escalate your complaint to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). Any LGSCO complaint will be responded to by the relevant partner council.
- The LGSCO will be unlikely to investigate any complaints unless they have been through Central Building Control & the partner council’s complaints processes, and you have received a formal response escalated response from the relevant partner council.
- You will not be treated adversely as a result of making a complaint to Central Building Control or any of our partner councils.
- Whilst anonymous complaints will be investigated as far as possible, we would encourage you to provide your contact details so we can properly investigate your complaint and provide a report on the outcomes and positive actions we have taken as a result of your complaint.
- In line with Central Building Control’s privacy notice and the privacy notice of the relevant parent council – see links below, the information you provide as part of your complaint will be protected under the Data Protection Act 1998 .
- In order to process your complaint, it may be necessary for us to pass the details to one of our partner councils or relevant third party (the identity of the person making a complaint will only be made known to those who consider the complaint and not revealed to any other person, or made public by us).
- In line with Central Building Control’s privacy notice and the privacy notice of the relevant partner council – see links below. If you do not want any information passing on, please let us know.