Our complaints & feedback procedure

If you want to share any feedback with us about our service, good or bad, please speak to the officer dealing with your case, email them direct, or email info@centralbc.org.uk.

Our team will discuss any concerns with you and if we can put things right straightaway, we will do so, and will not process your concerns as a formal complaint.

If however, you are unsatisfied with our team’s response to your concerns, or want your concerns to be addressed as a formal complaint, please put your complaint in writing and send it to info@centralbc.org.uk.

Your complaint will be investigated by a manager within the Central Building Control team, who will aim to respond to you within 20 working days.

Once you receive a response, and should you remain unsatisfied, please ask the officer who sent you the response to escalate your complaint to your local partner council who commissions Central Building Control to deliver the service on their behalf.

The partner council you will be referred to will depend on your location and will be one of the following: Lichfield District Council, North Warwickshire Borough Council, Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council, South Derbyshire District Council, South Staffordshire Council or Tamworth Borough Council. The partner council will then respond to escalated complaint.

If you remain unsatisfied with the partner council’s response, you can then choose to escalate your complaint to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). Any LGSCO complaint will be responded to by the relevant partner council.

Key facts

Partner council privacy notices

Domestic • Residential • Retail • Industrial • Educational • Health care • Offices • Commercial • Mixed use