Building regulation inspection guidelines: garage conversions
We will need to inspect your building work at various stages (check list below). You may need to notify your building control surveyor at several stages, depending on the nature of the work. Please contact Central Building Control Partnership when the work has reached the appropriate stage.Request an inspection
Typical inspection stages
- Commencement notification (minimum 2 days notice required)
- Excavation for foundations (where applicable)
- Drains ready for inspection (where applicable)
- Pre-plaster/thermal insulation to floors, walls and roof (as applicable)
- Structural beams prior to covering up
- Occupation (5 days prior to occupation)
- Final completion (within 5 days)
We offer next (working) day inspections, when requested by 4pm Monday to Friday.
When notifying Central Building Control Partnership for an inspection, please quote:
- Full site address
- Application number
- Stage of inspection required
- Daytime contact telephone number
Please note: if you do not notify Central Building Control Partnership at the appropriate stage it may result in you having to uncover or remove the work.
Notices and certificates
Keep all approval notices and/or certificates in a safe place as in the event of your property being sold the purchaser’s solicitor may ask to inspect these documents.