Building regulation inspection guidelines: structural openings
We will need to inspect your building work at various stages (check list below). You may need to notify your building control surveyor at several stages, depending on the nature of the work. Please contact Central Building Control Partnership when the work has reached the appropriate stage.Request an inspection
- Commencement notification (minimum 2 days notice required)
- Excavation for foundations (where applicable)
- Foundation reinforcement (where applicable)
- Existing foundations (if opening up to assess adequacy is requested)
- Structural beams/bearings prior to covering up
- Final completion (within 5 days)
We offer next (working) day inspections, when requested by 4pm Monday to Friday.
When requesting an inspection, please quote:
- Full site address
- Application number
- Stage of inspection required
- Daytime contact telephone number
Please note: If you do not notify Central Building Control Partnership at the appropriate stage, you may have to uncover or remove the work.
Notices and certificates
Keep all approval notices and/or certificates in a safe place – if you property is sold the purchaser’s solicitor may ask to inspect these documents.